Support the Library
Become a ‘Friend of the Library’
The ‘Friends of the Library’ group is comprised of like-minded people from the community who support our public library and its mission. This group shares the common belief that the library is vital in meeting the educational, cultural, and social needs of our community. Some goals of the group include:
• Educating the community as to the value of its library
• Formulating ways to increase the community’s usage of the library
• Brainstorming ways to fundraise on behalf of the library
• Volunteering at library events
You can contact the ‘Friends of the Library’ by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or request to join their Facebook page at ‘Friends of Brighton Memorial Library District.’
Making a Financial Donation
Brighton Memorial Library District is a not-for-profit organization that is only partially supported via tax dollars. The rest of our budget must be met via fundraisers, patron fines, and through small library services such as faxing and copying. Any donation made to the library is tax deductible. To make a monetary donation, CLICK HERE
Donations of Materials
On behalf of Brighton Memorial Library staff and patrons, thank you for considering our library as a recipient of your donation! It is only through the generosity of our community members that our library is what it is today!
Due to limited space, it has become necessary to establish the following guidelines for accepting donations:
• No reference materials (i.e., encyclopedias, dictionaries, etc.)
• No computer manuals older than 2010.
• No Bibles.
• No issues of magazines more than 2 years old.
• No VHS tapes.
• No copies of audiobooks , CD’s, or DVD’s that have been burned to discs; we can only accept the originals.
We ask that donations only be brought in to the library during operating hours, not left outside or deposited into the Book Drop Box.
Also, please limit your donations to 1-2 boxes at a time, as our space for processing materials is very limited.
For information on becoming a volunteer, call the library.